Thread: qtp with siebel

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

qtp with siebel

hey guys i am facing a lot of problems in automating siebel application and a quick help from you guys will be great. Here are some of the problems:
    1) there is a sieblist in which i need to set a value and in other field i need to set text.....it was working fine for half of the day and suddenly it was not setting the value though qtp clicks on that field but does not set and select values. I have recorded the same line again and nothing has changed.
    2) this is an application where i need to take the screenshot of each and every step and i have selected the option to always cor taking the screens but the problem is that it is taking the screens but qtp performs the action on top half of the page but page is scrolled to bottom half where no activity is happening so the screenshot worth nothing so how to make qtp to take screenshot where it is performing the action......
    3) there is a button where i need to click and then the application calculates something and it takes from 20 seconds to 10 mins and the application freezes till that time and i cannot perform any action on app....so putting a hardcoded wait on it is a total waste so what should i do to handle this case......
    4) at certain points in app for no reason i get siebel arg error etc and when i click on retry it works....how should i handle this error......i tried recovery scenario but it is of no use....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: qtp with siebel

Can someone please help...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: qtp with siebel

1. You will have to check what the issue is. With Siebel many times you might need to use workarounds

2. There is nothing available such. You can set the resolution to maximum and also maximize IE and see if it helps

3. You will need to build a loop which can check at every 10 sec interval and see if you are ready to go, if you are then it should proceed

4. This can be usually because of the control not being in focus. Try to activate a nearby control if the problem occurs at specific location on code