I have a number of QTP tests running in a test set in QC. I am running into a problem where occasionally QTP test fails to recognize any of the objects in the application. The process runs like this:
1. Application is already up.
2. QTP test case starts and runs ok.
3. QTP test case closes. Application is still up
4. A new QTP test case starts and none of the objects are recognized. The test case fails. A recovery script reloads the application. the test case is closed.
5. The application is up again.
6. A new test case starts and runs OK.
This happens on different test cases in the set (never the same) almost each time that the test set runs.
I checked the Record and run settings for QTP on this machine and they are set to run on any open windows application.
Has anyone seen a problem like this before? If so, did you find a fix for it?
I have a function/recovery scenario that closes processes on failure.
'Close memory hogging processes
ReportInfo "Close Processes", "Closing all MSIE, Diamond and Excel processes"
'Close the browser.
ReportDone "Closed Open Browser",""
Patience is like bread I say.... I ran out of that yesterday.