1) Type of AUT (application under test): Web
2) Technology: .NET Framework 4.0, ASP.NET C#, MVC 3, HTML 5, CSS 3, JQuery, WCF,
Browser –XML, XSLT, AJAX, JSON, Squi**** – combining all css/js to single css/js file
3) QTP version – 11.0
4) Browser: - IE8
5) QTP Add-Ins used (.NET, Web, ActiveX.)
6) Problem: QTP is unable of identifying objects using recording. Objects are identified by object spy as WebElement only. As per the developers they have not used classical controls like WebButton, WebList, Link, WebEdit, in place they have used the HTML controls SPAN and DIV.
7) Additional info: Please refer the attached screenshot. For Link & Dropdown.
I am not able to record on these web controls (WebElement). If I do it by DP I am able to run the script but problem I facing is as ListBox is displayed as WebElement I will not able to use the ListBox methods on it. like select..
eg. I want select second list box option how can I do it by DP if it is detected as Webelement.