Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Advanced Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Permission error while deleting unzipped folder!!

Is there any way to know in vbscript or qtp code that the particular object is in use or is free?

Context for this is:

I declared
    Set fso = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
    and then after some coding, I set this as nothing
    between this, I unzippped a file and then try to delete the unzipped folder after using it
    unzipped folder is not getting deleted and giving permission error
    Set fso = Nothing

Can anyone please point me to right direction to troubleshoot this issue?

Advanced Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Permission error while deleting unzipped folder!!

By using IsObject function you can find. If you don't have delete access on that folder you can't delete it by scripting. If you add "On Error Resume Next" at the beginning you can avoid errors.
    i have never seen bugs sleeping

Advanced Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Permission error while deleting unzipped folder!!

Thanks prince for the reply. Actually, I found the issue. The issue is:

In the code, if you insert breakpoint at a point in the code where the zipped file is unzipped (insert breakpoint here) and we are just going to manipulate and then delete the unzipped folder.

When the script execution reaches the break point, just open the unzipped folder manually. After opening it manually, you will notice that thumbs.db file got created in the unzipped folder. Then, close the unzipped folder.

Then, resume the script from break point. It will give Permission error at the line where code tries to delete the unzipped folder.

If you let the script run without opening the folder manually, then it continues to run fine without any error

This is the weird behavior that I find about this code for unzipping the zipped file, so I thought to post it.