Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

QTP keeps waiting at the loop after object display

Hello

I am very new to QTP.

I am testing Cognos reports using QTP 11. I just need to generate the reports and save it as pdf. The steps are as follows:

1. The report portal is opened in Internet Explorer.
    2. Link for specific report is clicked. Report prompt page is displayed in new window.
    3. Values are selected from many weblist objects and report is run. Report is displayed in new window.

I am currently using following code to wait for report to appear. This loop should run till the message displayed in image attached exists on screen.

While Browser("").Page("").WebElement("Instead of waiting, you").Exist
    Browser("").Page("").Sync
    Wend

But even after the the wait message no longer exists, the QTP keeps on waiting at this loop for about 30 sec. Why does this happen? Is there any other way to do this? I need to record the time taken for a report to run, so it is important for me that QTP should not wait at the loop after the report is displayed. Please refer attached screenshot.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: QTP keeps waiting at the loop after object display

use this, may be use wait instead of sync which would

While Browser("").Page("").WebElement("Instead of waiting, you").Exist
    wait(10)
    Wend
    Thanks,
    Ganesh Iyer
    Winds of Change

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: QTP keeps waiting at the loop after object display

When using Exist(), you need to put some timeout, like "Exist(5)"

As soon as it exist, the control flow returns true and go to next row. If it does not exist within the timeout seconds, it returns false and move to next row in your code.

Without timeout, it still use the default timeout waiting time from your Test Settings|Run|Object Synchronization Timeout, I guess this is why it hangs for 30 seconds.