Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Cannot Identify Item - Wrong IE Web Page

I am getting a "Cannot identify Item" Error message. It appears QTP is looking is not looking at the pop-up , but the main web page. At line 5 and 6 I am selecting a list of users which comes up in a popup window with 12,000 or so users. I them select the user that I am interested in. The main IE window and pop up are active and I see the select user in the popup window, but at line 7, QTP statys in running state for 20 seconds then goes to the next line and fails with "Cannot identify Item" Error message line 8. Both line 7 and line 8 are in the popup window. It seems QTP is just looking at the main window. It does work when I close the main window during the 20 second period it is trying to find. Any suggestings on how I can get QTP to look at the popup.

<font class="small">Code:</font><hr /><pre>
    1. Browser("Browser").Page("Page_3).WebList("classes" ).Select "User"
    2. Browser("Certificate Error: Navigation_2").Page("Page_3").Image("P_01-over").FireEvent "onmouseover"
    3. If Browser("Certificate Error: Navigation_2").Page("Page_3").Image("P_01-over").Exist Then
    4. Browser("Certificate Error: Navigation_2").Page("Page_3").Image("P_01-over").Click
    5. End If
    6 Browser("Browser").Page("Page").WebList("prfid").S elect "000000000-User45"
    7. Browser("Schema Editing").Page("Page").WebButton("Show Selected Profiles").Click
    8. Browser("Schema Editing").Page("Page").WebButton("Cancel").Click
    </pre><hr />

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Cannot Identify Item - Wrong IE Web Page

use the hwnd property and activate the popup window. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
    Thanks,
    Ganesh Iyer
    Winds of Change

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Cannot Identify Item - Wrong IE Web Page

I am not sure how I can get that handle of the pop up is not active.

Since I have just two IE's running, could I just use DP with some of the values that are diff between the two as modyfing to code? Would that find the right browser?

Browser"hasmenubar:=False","hasmenubar:=False",).P age(“title:=xyz”).WebEdit(“name:=name”).Select “000000000-User45"
    <font class="small">Code:</font><hr /><pre>
    Browser("Browser").Page("Page").WebList("prfid").S elect "000000000-User45"
    "abs_x:=274",
    "abs_y:=230",
    "application version:=internet explorer 7",
    "hasmenubar:=False",
    "hasstatusbar:=False",
    "hastoolbar:=False",
    "height:=386",
    "hwnd:=527404",
    "name:=",
    "number of tabs:=1",
    "openedbytestingtool:=False",
    "opentitle:=",
    "openurl:=https://servername\.test\.org/profiles/ProfileServlet\?action=ShowProfileSearch&amp;preva ction=GetProfileSearch",
    "title:=https://servername\.test\.org/profiles/ProfileServlet\?action=GetProfileSearch&amp;prevac tion=ShowAllClasses&amp;initial=yes&amp;first=yes& amp;qstr=8&amp;searchField=a\.typid&amp;operator=e qual&amp;clsid=8&amp;atrgrpid=&amp;atrid=&amp;link downid=&amp;linkupid=&amp;c1=on&amp;c2=on&amp;c3=o n&amp;c4=on&amp;c5=on&amp;c6=on",
    "version:=internet explorer 7",
    "width:=412"
    </pre><hr />