Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Advantages of Test Modularity Framework

Hi All,

Can any one explain which is the most using Automation Framework in the industry.

We have using Test Modularity Frame work.

explain the major advantage and disadvantage over other automation frame works like Key-word driven, Data driven, Linear and Hybrid Frame works.

Thanks,
    Rakesh

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Advantages of Test Modularity Framework

Hi bsrockyqa,

Most used Automation Frameowrk should not be the criteria to choose from. One should analyze their requirements and select the framework which suites the best. Example, if your test cases mostly check a some flows for multiple sets of data, you can use the data driven framework. If your main criteria is maximum code reusability, you can go with functional decomposition framework.

Also, what I personally think is that most commonly used automation framework should be Hybrid Framework with functional decomposition & data driven frameworks being the most common components within the hybrid framework.
    Regards,
    A n i s h

[My QTP Blog]

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Rakesh,

As Anish mentioned you need to review your requirement and expertise in using various frameworks!!! U can refer to the web for the difference, but again these might all weigh down to your project requirements!!
    Thanks,
    Ganesh Iyer
    Winds of Change

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

I'd also like to add the the amount of available time is a big factor.

If you spend some time thinking about and designing your framework it should be possible to deliver a basic framework that works for say a data driven approach which could then be expanded to cover some of the other approaches dependent on your requirements.

I remember a post a few months ago where someone offered their framework to the forum. I thought it was a good place for people to start looking if they are interested in frameworks.

Ritesh-Framework

Mark Smith.