I am using QTP 9.5. I recently merged two ORs into a new OR. Everything worked well except that none of my checkpoints were merged.
I have been tyold to copy/paste but this does not seem to work. I can not open two global ORs at one time. Im have tried coping or moving checkpoints from my Local OR to a global OR with out any luck either.
Can anyone please give me the steps to copy/move checkpoints from "Global OR to Global OR" and "Local OR to Global OR"?
You can open two shared repositories at one time in Resources - Object Repository Manager. You just need to go to the Window menu and choose to cascade them or switch between them. They just load on top of each other like excel and such would by default.
Don't forget to select File - Enable Editing for both as well.
1) Go to the action where you want to copy from
2) Go to OR and select [File => Export local objects...] and save to your hard drive.
3) Open the one you want to copy to.
4) Go to OR, [Tools => Associate Repositories...]
5) Add the saved repository.
6) Associate all the repository (move left to right) and click OK
7) Now you should see the checkpoints.
8) Right click on checkpoint and copy to locally and you might want to export as global again. so I am guessing you might want to copy everything locally then export to global. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] if you select upper node and press * it will expand all quick tip. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]