Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Can\'t Get QTP to Set a WebList Value

Hi all,

I've tried everything I can think to try over the last two days and I'm stumped. Something that should be very easy (and is something I've done before without any problem), is now not working.

I am having QTP read a value off of Screen A, wanting it to be selected where it appears on Screen B. Reading the value (and displaying it via Print) works fine. I've used Object Spy and introduced Check Points to determine everything there is to know about the WebList on Screen B, and setting the value isn't working. The value DOES appear in the WebList, so I'm stumped as to why it won't work.

Here's a few more details...

Screen A - Provides the value "65355" which I'll need for Screen B and assign to the variable name "AppID".
    Screen B - Contains a WebList file which has a varying number of values, including "65355". Here's the various command I've tried and tried, with no success, to get the value to appear in the field:

Browser("Browser Name").Page("Page Name").WebList("applicationIdSelect").Select AppID

and

Browser("Browser Name").Page("Page Name").WebList("applicationIdSelect").Set AppID

and

Browser("Browser Name").Page("Page Name").WebList("applicationIdSelect").Object.value = "65355"

Any assistance would be highly appreciated.
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Can\'t Get QTP to Set a WebList Value

mike give a try with the below code.

<font class="small">Code:</font><hr /><pre>

If Browser("Browser Name").Page("Page Name").WebList("applicationIdSelect").Exist(10)The n
    strCount=Browser("Browser Name").Page("Page Name").WebList("applicationIdSelect").GetRoPropert y("items count")

for i = 0 to strCount

strValue=Browser("Browser Name").Page("Page Name").WebList("applicationIdSelect").GetItem(i)

if Trim(strValue)=trim(AppID) then
    Browser("Browser Name").Page("Page Name").WebList("applicationIdSelect").Select strValue
    Exit for
    end if

next

End if
    </pre><hr />
    ------------
    Chikki
    when things gets harder ,the harder gets going

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

You can also try this code:

strList = Browser("Browser Name").Page("Page Name").WebList("applicationIdSelect").GetROPropert y("all items")
    strArray = Split(strList, ";", -1, 1)
    LenArray = UBound(strArray)
    For k=0 to LenArray
    strValue = strArray(k)
    If strcomp(strValue, AppID, 1) = "0" Then
    Browser("Browser Name").Page("Page Name").WebList("applicationIdSelect").Select strValue
    Exit for
    End If
    Next
    - Manish

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Thanks, guys! I'll try both of those right now...cross your fingers. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Hmmm...I started first with yours, Chikki. Subbed in all of the browser and page info, yet when it gets to taking a count of the items in the list:

(strValue=Browser("BrowserName").Page("PageName"). WebList("applicationIdSelect").GetItem(i))

Its retrieving a value of 0. I counted 19 items in the list. And this is the problem I keep having...that it won't read "items count".

Finally, in an act of desperation, I asked one of the developers what might be unique about this field that it would work this way. Bingo! He knew. This field is populated via AJAX calls, so IE (v7 and QTP 9.5) is viewing the field as empty. PRESTO! Now its clear as to why.

The NEW question is...does anyone know how to overcome this type of situation with AJAX calls?

Thank you both, Chikki and Mann...your assistance went far into helping me move this problem forward.
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Spy the WebList and post a screenshot.
    Rajkumar

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

I found that QTP v9.5 does not support AJAX calls, but per this thread (http://www.learnqtp.com/forums/archi...read-4809.html) QTP v10 has limited support and QTP v11 has better AJAX support. Looks like I'm stuck.
    Mike