1. Open Object identification window
2. Select "Standard Windows" from "Environment" list field
3. Click "User Defined" button
4. Map a class in the "Object Mapping" dialog that opens up.
5. Click ok
6. Click "generate Script..." button.
7. Save the script
8. Open the script and search for the mapping code.
I can't find the code in the script.
After my step number 8, I open the script that was genrated in step number 7. In that script, I do not see any code that shows the mapping of my user defined object to a standard object - this mapping is in my step number 4. I do not see code that shows the mapping.
I'm not recording anything. I'm configuring QTP. I don't see the configuration stored in any file. Where is the configuration stored? - this is what i am asking. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Very good question indeed. The problem here is that the User Defined mapping doesn't happen through QTP AOM. It actually gets saved into the registry. You can go to the below key and find the registered objects
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Mercury Interactive\QuickTest Add-in for Quality Center\MicTest\Packages\StdPackage\ClassMap