This is something new, just surfaced.
From the attached screen shot, you can see that the link has a RegEx as it is Dynamic.
It was working fine. however, it started to fail, all of a sudden as if the object does not exist.
I am running QTP from my machine, and QTP runs on the server.
So QTP is on Virtual drive on my machine, connects to the server to run the tests.
Now if I connect to the server directly, and run the same exact Test on the server, it does not fail.
If I try Spy the object on my machine, the SPY can not point and grab the link. But if I do the same on the server, SPY is able to grab the link.
Hope someone has an idea about what is going on.
Check if all the add-ins have been associated, are you able to spy other objects on the page
Winds of Change
Yes all Add-ins are associated and I did restart the Server as well as the my local machine.
I just Finished fixing the link issue at the Server.
While I started typing this reply, thought to run it again one more time from the local machine.
And guess what it worked. How or Why have no idea.
However, went back to the OR and tried to highlight the same link again.
I get the message " The test object is not unique. More than one object in the application matches the description."
And before sending this reply, I ran the test one more time, and again it did not fail.
But still the object(Link) is not easily identified if I use the Highlight method.