Advanced Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Export & Import Test Cases

I am having difficulty when I export the Test case as a Zip File.

I export it to another Net Drive, BUT, when I import it to another machine, I run into the problem of missing OR

here is a screen shot
    http://screencast.com/t/sMN3fQr6

SQA Knight
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Export & Import Test Cases

Shared object repositories are not part of the test so would not be exported. They should be located in some commonly available location(network drive, quality center, etc).

Defeat the purpose of a shared repository if you make multiple copies of it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

The export option is only for the script and its settings. You need to make sure all resources are available where you port the script

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

With the screen shot attached, I can see that the .tsr file has been placed in C drive(which will be local to the machine), ideally all the resources will have to placed in a central location, so that it can be accessed from any machine(from which you would want to execute the scripts).