Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

QTP scripts from Commandline

Hi All,

I searched almost everywhere and tried myself as well before posting this question.
    My requirement is to execute qtp scripts that are reposited in QualityCenter from commandline.
    I found code in many places to do this if scripts are on local machine but I'm looking to execute a batch of scripts that are in Qualitycenter.Please share if you are already doing this or how it can be done.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: QTP scripts from Commandline

There is a utility called 'RunTestSetScheduler' which allows you to run test sets from QC using the command line.

http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve...llowReturn=true
    Cheers
    Bear

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

If you are able to make this work, please post how you did it. I have not been able to get it to work with QC 10 - dont know what I missed. (including the above mentioned link)
    thx

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

tail between legs - I just found my issue - make sure there are no spaces after the ":". Helpful hint.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

There are some options that don't work! Like the 'run on local host'.

What is the error message you are getting?

I was hoping the utility had been fixed by now to work correctly with QC 10! I used this with in my old job and made some changes to the source code to make it work (sorry don't have a copy of the changes)
    Cheers
    Bear

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

I tried using RunTestscheduler provided by HP but I got stuck at this point.
    Environment: I am currently working on QTp10 and QC10.0 on WinXp m/c
    In windows scheduler, Under Run option I have:
    C:\RunTestSetScheduler\Release\RunTestSet.exe /s: <HPQC URL>n:<Domain> /d:<Project>/u:<UID>/p:<PWD>/f:Root\Test /t:<Testsetname> /h:<Remotedesktop name> /m: <Email ID>/l
    Under Start in : C:\RunTestSetScheduler\Release

Details of issue:
    Windows Task Scheduler seems to kick off the task but it appears to die with RunTestSet.exe. I get the following summary from the Task Scheduler Log:

"RunTestSet_Test1.job" (RunTestSet.exe)
    Finished 6/16/2008 3:44:01 PM
    Result: The task completed with an exit code of (ffffffff).

I am not sure what this error means, I tried to google it but did not land on a correct answer to it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

I tried copying the code to a batch file and executed in commandline as mentioned in this topic
    http://www.sqaforums.com/showflat.php?Ca...amp;Search=true

I got error 'runtestset' is not recognized as an internal or external command.Am I missing anything?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

It's been a long time since I used this, but you may want to take a look at SYSINTERNALS PSTools. particularly psexec
    It used to work for us...

From the help file:
    "...Utilities like Telnet and remote control programs like Symantec's PC Anywhere let you execute programs on remote systems, but they can be a pain to set up and require that you install client software on the remote systems that you wish to access. PsExec is a light-weight telnet-replacement that lets you execute processes on other systems, complete with full interactivity for console applications, without having to manually install client software. PsExec's most powerful uses include launching interactive command-prompts on remote systems and remote-enabling tools like IpConfig that otherwise do not have the ability to show information about remote systems..."

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

[ QUOTE ]
    "RunTestSet_Test1.job" (RunTestSet.exe)
    Finished 6/16/2008 3:44:01 PM
    Result: The task completed with an exit code of (ffffffff).

[/ QUOTE ]

The date given in this error message is 2008, is this the current error message

To see the error message run the command straight from the command line. This way the CMD will stay open and the error message will be displayed.

I have had problems with the /h Hostname option. Try setting the planned hosts up in the Test Set in QC and not using this option.
    Cheers
    Bear

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

BearBox,

This is current error message, not sure why it showed that date on my second machine but main machine shows current date of 01/04/11 which is correct.

As per your above comments executed the command on commandline,I entered below in my commandline,Is this correct?If Yes,I saw error message "Error: <QC URL > Inavlid parameter."

C:\RunTestSetScheduler\Release\RunTestSet.exe /s: <QC URL> /n:<domain> /d:<Project>/u:<UID>/p:<pwd> /f:Root\Test /t:BMP/m:<Email Id>/l

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast