Hello all, I have found the answers to many questions searching through the forum but I have a new one that I hope you all can help me with.
I am finding that QTP is not recognizing a lot of different objects in both web and windows applications.
One web application for example has some additional checkbox selections that appear after the user enters a search criteria in a field. If I try and record then QTP only finds the first few characters I type in the search field and does not recognize or record any of the checkboxes or other fields on the page. See the attachments for a screenshots.
I tried adding all the page objects to the repository manually. QTP will add all objects to the repository before any fields are filled out. Once I fill out the search field none of the other objects on the page are recognized.
A collegue of mine tried scripting the same application and QTP was able to record and recognize every field. I tried running his recorded test and it did not recognize objects on my machine. I have all of the same plug-ins as well.
We have gone through the options but I am sure I am missing something simple here.
I tried that also. When I use the object spy on the checkboxes QTP only finds the generic "Page" with no objects within it. This occurs with anything on the page, including objects which were previously identified.
Quite odd. Again the wierdest part is that on my collegue's machine all objects are identified.
Thanks, Ganesh. All of the add ins required are installed. My machine and my collegue's machine both have the same add ins: web, .net, java. His machine works, mine does not. We have also gone through the options menu to make sure that my machine is set up just like his.
Also the same version of IE and Windows are on both machines.