| || |
When can i get the asset upgrade tool for qtp 11?
I recently upgraded to qtp 11 and i cant run any tests. Where can i find/download asset upgrade tool ?
This is to upgrade my components/scripts?
I cant find it @ the original files where i installed qtp 11 from
Re: When can i get the asset upgrade tool for qtp 11?
I know your original post was made sometime ago, but thought i would post an answer just in case someone else stumbled across this issue.
The Asset Upgrade Tool is NOT installed automatically when you install QTP.
It is available for installation from the QTP Installation CD via <root\Asset Upgrade Tool For QC\>. A PDF Manual for using the tool is also available from this location.
The purpose of this tool is to upgrade Automation Assets stored in QC, after a QC Upgrade. I have used it to upgrade Automation Assets which were stored in QC10 after an upgrade from QC9.2.
Some notes to point out in regards to using the Tool:
- The QTP10 Version is not 64bit compatible (I’ve been told this was fixed for the QTP11 version)
- The Asset Upgrade Tool will run across all Automation Assets stored in a QC Project. You can not limit this to a particular subject folder.
- As well as upgrading Automation Assets from earlier version of QTP to QTP10 format, the tool also moves Automation Asset Resources to the QC10 Resources Module, updates resources associations and creates ‘Dependencies’ between the Automations Assets and Resources. Dependencies are also created between Automation Assets i.e. where one Automation Assets calls the Action of another.
- The tool can take quite sometime to run if you have a lot of resources associated to your tests (i.e. Object Repositories, Function Libraries, Recovery Scenarios etc.)
* I had one QC Project with 103 Automation Assets and NO Resources and the process took 22 minutes.
* I had another with 513 Automation Assets and 298 Resources and the process took 7 hours.
* In both of the above cases the Asset Upgrade Tool was run from a Windows XP Workstation. HP Recommended running it from Server.
Hope the above information helps