Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Having error on dialog box

Hey guys..
    I have been having an issue with QTP when running my script. I keep getting an error message on my dialog box.
    The error is . Run Error. Object not visible.
    currently this is how my system is setup..
    -Dual computer monitor.
    -Running QTP version 10.00
    -The script is being run on internet explorer 7.0
    -The script is error out on dialog box that allow the user to exit the application.. here is currently my code..
    This is my first time dealing with dialog boxes in my script for qtp. I have tried some other ways but no fix.
    I've tried the recovery scenario, but i dont think that is working since its still erroring out..

<font class="small">Code:</font><hr /><pre> Browser("HP Service Manager").Page("HP Service Manager").Frame("detail").WebEdit("var/user.id").Click

Dim rowCount

rowCount = DataTable.GlobalSheet.GetRowCount
    'print rowCount

If rowCount &gt; 0 Then

For i = 1 to rowCount step 1

Browser("HP Service Manager").Page("HP Service Manager").Frame("detail").WebEdit("var/user.id").Set DataTable("User_Name", dtGlobalSheet)

var_ToString = Browser("HP Service Manager").Page("HP Service Manager").Frame("detail").WebEdit("var/user.id").GetTOProperty("Value")

'print var_ToString
    Browser("HP Service Manager").Page("HP Service Manager").Frame("detail").WebEdit("var/old.password").Set DataTable("P_word", dtGlobalSheet)
    Browser("HP Service Manager").Page("HP Service Manager").Frame("detail").WebButton("Login").Click

Reporter.ReportEvent micPass, "We check wheter the user with this account is able to log in"," The user was able to login with this acct"

count = 1

Call Checklogin(var_ToString, count, itpass)

wait 6
    Browser("HP Service Manager").Page("HP Service Manager").Link("Logout").Click
    wait 3

'Browser("HP Service Manager").Dialog("Windows Internet Explorer").Activate
    ' This is the code where the application is erroring out on..
    Browser("HP Service Manager").Dialog("Windows Internet Explorer").WinButton("OK").Click

Browser("HP Service Manager").Page("HP Service Manager_2").Link("Login again").Click

wait 7
    next

End if </pre><hr />
    Wilnic Marc

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Having error on dialog box

Looks like it might be the dual monitor, with dual monitors there is a particular order of what needs to be displayed on which monitor.

Search for "Dual Monitor" and you will find the solution.

Mark Smith.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Try moving the browser onto the other monitor then run your test...I had this problem with 10 but dont seem to have it with 11...

Peace

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

I have moved the browser i the primary monitor..
    Right not it seems like its skipping the actions before running the code.
    For example i see that its already clicking the ok button on the dialog button but the code was not executed yet so when it go to execute that code since the action has already been done on the screen i recieve an error . I put a wait statement but that does not seem to work.. Any clues.. on what to do..
    Wilnic Marc

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Hi i have also seen this problem the solution was that QTP and Application under test has to reside in one monitor only and not seperated.
    I don't build Software but I make them work better, Testing is a Passion