need some help with coding for a custom check poin

Hi I"m having some confusion on how to program for a custom check i'm trying to implement. Here is the scenario and the code i have so far and i'll post my question.

The scenario is. 1) A user goes on web page page A an enter some information into a textbox on page A. 2) The user clicks button submits and goes to page B to verify that the information from A is correct. I want to validate what was entered into text box A for page A is is what showing up in correct on Web Page B lable/page. This is my custom check point of what i have tried to write so far but qtp keep erroring out on it.

Check to see if what is entered is what on verification screen.
    If WebEdit("ctl00$MainContent$txtFEIN").GetROProperty (text, string) = .WebElement("FEIN").GetROProperty(type, string) Then

Reporter.ReportEvent micPass

End If

My question should i create a function to do what i'm trying to do if i do how do i program to capture for when qtp is writing text into textbox for me to compare this string to what is being shown in next page.

Thanks for any information that is given to me..
    Wilnic Marc

Re: need some help with coding for a custom check poin

Your comparison can happen in the function. I have below function in my framework

And in this case I would call it like

CompareEqualAndReport WebEdit("ctl00$MainContent$txtFEIN").GetROProperty ("text"), sPageAValue, "Value entered on Page A and Displayed on Page B"

Re: need some help with coding for a custom check poin

Tarun, thanks for your help i have further question..
    for sPageAValue- what did you equate this for your variable and did you make it public, I mean did you exp.

Dim sPageAValue

sPageAValue = WebElement("FEIN").GetROProperty

Can you explain a little further regarding this page value variable, Currently i'm using a data driver to enter this page value. and the second page is displaying it as a WebElement. I hope this makes since.
    Wilnic Marc