Within our organisation various projects have developed their own automation frameworks. I am attempting to consolidate all the frameworks into one generic framework if possible. I am due to have demos of all the frameworks in order to understand them. I plan to ask a standard questionnaire to the teams but I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions of what key questions to ask. I have a few which are:
How are scripts created ?
How is the test data used and managed ?
What reporting functionality is used ?
How are objected managed ?
1. Ask for user manual ?
2. ask for Framework document ?
3. what reporting functionality is is used ?
4. how are the results reported ?
5. how are the test cases executed ?
6. what version of QTP used ?
7. what coding standards used ? (very important if you want to consolidate all the frameworks)
8 how are the reusable functions used i.e. are they divided per application or module or functionality wise ?
9. do they have a dedicated automtion environment ?
10. how are they using envoirnemnt variables or have they replaced it with excel?
11. how is the output data managed ?
12. they are using excel for what all purpose ?
what are the add-ins used?
Any external files used for execution? like (txt, xls....)
How the log files are maintained ?
What framework they are using?why not others?
How Object repositories are maintained ? any descriptive programing approach used?