Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Check for existance of text on the page

Hi,

Is there any way, where i can check for existance of particular text on Page. I do not want to use text checkpoint. I want it as a function where I can pass the text that I need to check as argument to function.
    I tried with GetVisibleText but it works only for text that is visible on the screen and not on whole page.
    I even tried to use childObjects of page, where I used html tag as "body" and "micclass" as "WebElement". Do a Instr with the contents of these childobjects. But this is not working in all the cases.
    Please let me know if there is any other way with which we can check the text that is displayed on the page.

Thanks,
    VM

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Check for existance of text on the page

What is the text being recognized as ?
    Do a spy and check the actual object class as known to QTP.
    Cheers
    Jonty..
    -- Here to Learn and share ---

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

It is webelement. But I am looking for some thing where I can just check for existance of text. It can exist any where on the page.

Thanks,
    VM

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

I am not sure if there a method to retrieve the displayed text from the page.
    If the object is webelement, then child objects would be way to go, but that doesnt seem to solve the purpose.

Do you know what is text you are looking at?
    One workaround i can think is to click on the page and copy the contents, paste or use the clipboard object and see if it helps.
    Cheers
    Jonty..
    -- Here to Learn and share ---