Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

VbButton Child Window Problems *updated*

I have a script that clicks a button that opens a new window. I used the record option and just recorded the button click and the window to be opened. I have found when running my script that sometimes the window that is being opened has different names ("MDIForm1_5" or "MDIForm1_6"). Which really screws up my script because the operations im trying to do wont work because it cant find the window.

Here is what i tried to come up with, but i am getting an error saying the object cannot be found

*The current window is passed into the function from another function*

<font class="small">Code:</font><hr /><pre>

Function EnterTerritoryDetails(Byval objExcel, rowNumber, objMain)
    Set localobjExcel=objExcel
    strParamValue=localobjExcel.Cells(rowNumber,8).Val ue
    strParamCounty=localobjExcel.Cells(rowNumber, 5).Value
    Set objParent=objMain

WindowName="frmGetTerritory"
    Set objChildWindow=objParent.WinObject("ThunderRT6Comm andButton").VbWindow(WindowName)

objChildWindow.VbButton("nativeclass:=ThunderRT6Co mmandButton", "vbname:=cmdZoneLookup").Click
    objChildWindow.VbComboBox("cbo").Select LTrim(RTrim(strParamValue))
    objChildWindow.WinEdit("Edit").Set strParamValue
    objChildWindow.WinEdit("Edit").Type micReturn
    objChildWindow.GetTextLocation (UCase(strParamCounty) ,x1,y1,x2,y2)
    objParent.VbWindow("frmGetTerritory").Click x1 + 5,y1 + 5
    objChildWindow.VbButton("Set Ter/Zone").Click

End Function </pre><hr />

Any help would be much appreciated [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Child Window

Set objChildWindow=objParent.WinObject("ThunderRT6Comm andButton").VbWindow(WindowName)

Why is the object recognized as Winobject?
    Where is the value frmGetTerritory retrieved from?

You can look at using regular expression for the last character in the window name.

Also i see multiple window objects, so you got to be specific on which obj the issue is.
    Cheers
    Jonty..
    -- Here to Learn and share ---

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Child Window

Thanks, That helped a lot,I got the child window saved into objChildWindow, but still cant figure out how to test the components on the new window. It says It cannot find the buttons object's parent. Here is my new code, I have tried clickin the buttons more than one way

<font class="small">Code:</font><hr /><pre> Function EnterTerritoryDetails(Byval objExcel, rowNumber, objMain)
    Set localobjExcel=objExcel
    strParamValue=localobjExcel.Cells(rowNumber,8).Val ue
    strParamCounty=localobjExcel.Cells(rowNumber, 5).Value
    Set objParent=objMain

'*******sets the child window********
    Set objChildWindow=objParent.VbButton("nativeclass:=Th underRT6CommandButton", "vbname:=cmdZoneLookup").VbWindow("vbname:=frmGetT erritory")

'***Clicks button on original window to open up frmGetTerritory Window***
    objParent.VbButton("nativeclass:=ThunderRT6Command Button", "vbname:=cmdZoneLookup").Click

'***set combo box***
    objChildWindow.vbCombobox("nativeclass:=ThunderRT6 ComboBox","vbname:=cbo").Select LTrim(RTrim(strParamValue))

'Find location of text on screen to click
    'objChildWindow.GetTextLocation (UCase(strParamCounty) ,x1,y1,x2,y2)

'Click Location of the text
    ' objChildWindow.Click x1 + 5,y1 + 5

'Click button to close screen
    objChildWindow.VbButton("regexpwndtitle:=&amp;Set Ter/Zone").Click 'try number 1 to click button
    objChildWindow.VbButton("nativeclass:=ThunderRT6Co mmandButton", "vbname:=cmdSetTerritory").Click 'try number 2 to click button

End Function </pre><hr />

<font color="red"> ERROR: Cannot find the "[ VbButton ]" object's parent "[ VbWindow ]" (class VbWindow). Verify that parent properties match an object currently displayed in your application. </font>