Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

How to delete local object repository

Hi,

I am writing some tests but want to store most/all of my objects in a shared repository rather than the local repository.

Even when I export the local objects into the shared repository, the local repo still exists. This is a concern for me because each local repo for each action is about 300k in size. I plan on generating hundreds/thousands of actions and if every one requires 300k of disk space this will be an issue!

Also, is there any way of telling QTP to add objects it finds into a shared repo rather than a local repo by default? It is a pain to have to manually export the objects after the recording.

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: How to delete local object repository

If you Cut Paste the objects from Local to shared object repostory in Repository Manager, you need not delete later, right ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Hi Roryevans,
    * I think we cannot delete a local object repository.As soon as you create an action,the local obj repo is created automatically.
    * You can directly add the object to the shared object repository instead of recording and exporting from local to shared obj repo.Open the Shared obj repository in the Obj reposiory manager and add objects directly to it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Thanks for your replies.

I understand that I can export my local objects to the shared repository. However, the issue is the size of the local repository even when it has no objects in it. Like I said, this appears to be about 300k per local repository. If I have 1000 actions, each having it's own empty local repository, that is approximately 300mb of disk space used on the empty repositories alone. This seems very wasteful and I would prefer to get rid of the storage overhead of keeping a local repository for every action.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Have you stored checkpoints data within OR?
    Why would a empty OR be around 300 KB in size ?

If the objects still exists in local repository, and you have migrated them to Shared, only way would be delete the objects from each actions individually.
    Cheers
    Jonty..
    -- Here to Learn and share ---

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Hi,

We can't delete local OR's even if we create 1000 actions also we should not delete local OR's why becase once you associate your shared OR to your current action. all the objects from shared OR will be imported into current action local OR in runtime.

Please correct me if worng.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Deleting objects would be the right way to put it instead of deleting OR.

So one has to open action repository through repository option and delete the objects.

wrt importing objects from shard to OR at runtime, I am not sure, if something has changed in the latest versions of the tool, because this was not somthing which was present in the past to my knowledge
    Cheers
    Jonty..
    -- Here to Learn and share ---