Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Idea/solution for X12 EDI data

Hi All,

I am working on X12 EDI data using vbscript. I need to create X12 data (string) and wrap up into a XML file. Tricky part is how I create X12 data using industry standard and organization specific implementation guide.

Is there anyone has ever created X12 data using VBScript. I would like to know the approach and ideas how to create optimize script for this process.

Thanks
    Kashif

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Idea/solution for X12 EDI data

What exactly is X12? can you give a example

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Thanks,

X12 is just a string build by using Loops, Segments and data elements. Data elements are separated by * and Segments are separated by ~

For e.g. following is one of the X12 loop 1000A which has 2 segments and each segment has multiple data elements. Sometime there is a dependencies also like if second data of NM1 segment is 41 than second element of PER segment will be IC. some of the data elements values are industry standards and most of them are organization standard values.

LOOP 1000A SUBMITTER NAME (Doctor who is submitting claim)
    NM1*41*2*ABD doctors office*****46*12345~
    PER*IC*PETE MARAVICH*TE*6142222222~

Finally it becomes a single string consists of mutiple loops, segments and data elements.

I was just thinking how to build this string dynamically with using minimal code. I actually needed some idea.

Thanks,
    Kashif

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

have you tried searching for some com components that you can use? how is this data built otherwise in other applications ?
    Cheers!!!
    Shrikant