Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

max lines code in QTP?

i'm using a class based framework with qtp. our application is highly complex and many individual dialogs are large in terms of number of controls and linked dialogs. all of this results in a lot of code. i've been organizing dialog classes into groups that span a particular functional area so that individual test cases won't have too much code to load, but there is a trade-off between minimizing supporting code (only having exactly what a particular test needs) and minimizing include file references. does anyone have any thoughts on how much code is too much code for a single test? does qtp have a limitation on how many lines of code a single test can support?

for example, a test covering a simpler functional area might have 7,000 lines of supporting code between all include files (the tests themselves are very short). a test covering a more complex functional area could have over 30,000 lines of code. so far, i've not seen any performance issues on the simpler end, but i'm wondering if i'm going to run into problems as i hit more complex areas.

thanks,

glenn

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: max lines code in QTP?

Sounds like you need to look at your framework design.

It is possible to design a framework that has a fixed number of lines of code regardless of the number of test cases.
    You can buy my Art from: "Post Cards now available"
    Ian Fraser Landscape Photography
    World Wide Shipping.

http://mowogman.wordpress.com/

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: max lines code in QTP?

Shouldn't make much of difference except that the library size increases and over a poor network performance may get poor. Else i use libs with over 50k+ lines and don't have any issue