Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Remove Call to Existing Action datatable

I have a script were I originally was going to use a Call to Existing Action. I did so and that Action's data parameter sheet began to appear in the script. I later decided on a different solution that didn't require the Call to Existing Action, I deleted it, but I'm left with that action's data table in my script. Is there a way to delete it? I closed the script and opened the default.xls and deleted it, but when I reopen the script it re-inserts it. I doesn't seem to affect anything, but it's annoying... Any help greatly appreciated!
    A good rule of thumb is to never measure with your thumb.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Remove Call to Existing Action datatable

Hi Steve. I encountered something similar. First check your missing resources pain and be sure that there isn't something wrong there. Then, when you open default.xls, be sure the associated test isn't loaded into QTP. For some reason I actually have to close qtp down completely and then delete the tab in the default, then restart QTP and reload the test. Try that...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Ha! Thanks Jake! I found that if I moved the Existing action to another folder, then reopened my script i got the missing resource pane which then gave me the option to remove the Call to Action which in turn removed it's datatable.. You'd think HP would create an easier way to remove a call to action, but this does work!
    A good rule of thumb is to never measure with your thumb.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

LoL wow I'll have to remember that one too just in case I get stuck on one of these issues again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

When you delete an action , there is pop up with two radio buttons, make sure to select the second option, this will remove all components of the action.
    Cheers
    Jonty..
    -- Here to Learn and share ---