Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Oracle forms objects behaving diffrently.

Hi All,

Its been a week I am facing this issue and i could not resolve it. To start of with i will brief you with what exactly i am working on

the client has 2 environments INT1 and INT2. There is a application called RMS sitting on both environments. The Application is developed using Oracle forms. There is no difference in the application sitting in both the environments.

the issue is -
    1. (Env INT2)when i try to spy or add any object from RMS INT2 QTP identifies it as an Oracle forms object this is when i use Oracle addin and for the same application in INT2 environment when i use Java addin it shows as a JAVA object.

2. (Env INT1) when i try to spy or add any object from RMS INT1 QTP identifies it as an JAVA object this is when i use Oracle addin and for the same application in INT1 environment when i use Java addin it shows as a JAVA object.

3. Confusion is -->Why for both the Env with same application, one Env is showing objects as Oracle(oracle addin) and JAVA(Java addin) and Other Env is showing only JAVA object(For both Oracle and java addin) ?

Second Issue-

1. Now if i ignore the Oracle adding and start developing reusable scripts for RMS on both environments with JAVA addin, i encounter another problem.

2. For RMS application in INT2 the each JAVA objects has a unique property which can be used to identify the object. BUT in RMS INT1 the JAVA objects does not have any unique property, the only unique property is the index number which is very risky if i think of developing my scripts based on Index's since they change frequently in an application. (Attached is the screenshot of object and its properties.)

PLEASE HELP!! I am in a lot of trouble because of this.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Oracle forms objects behaving diffrently.

Check your Environment Variables; Check if "Forms Server" is loaded or not.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Oracle forms objects behaving diffrently.

Hi Thanks for the reply.

I didnt quite understand what exactly you mean by adding Form Server in Environment variable..