Total Downloaded

How to use Output Values.

Hello All,

I am using web application which has dataflow like

1. I create a questionnaire
    2. I create survey
    3. I create PostSurvey
    4. I See all Questionnaire.

Right now i create a separate script for all these 4 steps, but is there any way by which i got QID from step 1 and which then i used to create a survey in Step 2, then SurveyID to create Postsurvey in step 3, and PostSurveyID to see questionnaire in step 4. if anybody has any solution please let me know, hoping for all of your cooperation.

Thanks
    Mahesh

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: How to use Output Values.

You can fetch any runtime value using Output Value feature temporarily into runtime datatable and then store them into an external excel sheet and from there you can take that value as input to other part of your application.
    - Manish

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Hi mann,

Can you explain it with example to me please, i am very new to QTP, hoping for cooperation

Thanks
    Mahesh

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Whatever value coming out after execution which you want to store it in runtime datatable, you should use Output Value...for more details reg output values you can go through the below given site:
    http://qtp.blogspot.com/2007/12/qtp-output-values.html

Store this output value in one variable and then you can export to any external files/database and you can fetch this value into the application anytime by importing it.
    - Manish