Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

A very Unique Issue!!!!!

Hi,

I have a script in QTP 9.2 which click on a link and a pop up opens in that pop up i click 4 links which open in that pop up.

I click the links in the pop up and i use sendkey backspace to go back and click the other link.

This all works fine....when QTP closes the pop up to proceed with the script, IE 7 crashes.... now i was thinking it was a prob with the browser...

But i dont face this issue with IE7 when QTP 10 runs the script...

HELP Please!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: A very Unique Issue!!!!!

HI,

This might be because of the SendKeys method.

Try this.
    1. Read the the URL before clicking the link
    2. After clicking the link To navigate to the previous state Copy the URL in the Address bar & Go to the previous state. Do this for all links.

Thanks,
    Nagesh

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Thanks you, Do you happen to know why 9.2 is acting like a goat? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] for send keys cause i used them before and did not face this issue...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Its not exactly Sendkeys thats the issue here..Its Browser controls with QTP 9.2

I have had this issue in the past when I was using the Browser.Back or SendKeys Back with 9.2 and then using close method ..I spoke to HP and as usual they had no clue about it

Workaround that worked for me was to close the new browser or popup halfway through and reopen it.. In your case if the method suggested by Nageshp24 works then its ok otherwise close the popup after every link and reopen it

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

That doe not work either, in the pop up if i click a link and close the pop up..it still crashes...even if i dont use back..