I am trying to automate a .net web appln that has a menu.The following are my findings...
1. Unable to record any menu items in the dropdown
2. I am able to spy the menu items in the dropdown but not able to add the object to the OR
3. Unable to find parent object as Browser.Page... instead it shows Page.Frame and shows an error
4. Attached is the screenshot of the menu items and the error when spying.
Thnx in advance
Any help on this woulb be really appreciated...
Re: Unable to identify menu items in .net web appln
Try identifying the menu using shell script
Below is the sample code, paste it in expert view and see whether it helps.
Note:The below given code is used to identify your menu named setup. Here % represents alt let me know whether you are able to indentify your menu by clicking on ALT+S from the keyboard else let me know the short ut through which the setup is identified so that I can help you out
Re: Unable to identify menu items in .net web appl
Here is what i can suggest
- Add the top menu object to the OR
- Do a Fireevent "onmouseover" on the same
- Spy on the dynamic menu item. Check the properties through object and create a DP statement for the same. Execute the click on that DP statement