Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Not Able to identify object in webtable

Hi All,

I am trying to pass avalue in an editbox existing in a web page. Inthis web page we are having many edit boxes and names are like Edit1, Edit2.....Edit10....

Now to pass a value in an edit box i have to check a webelement , for example if the webelement i am searching is in 10 row then i have to pas value in edit10.

How can i get the exact row number of the webelement? I have tried with Child Objects method.
    First i have captured the webtables in the page and then tried to check the exact webtable i am looking for by the rowcount, but the rows that are visible are 20 and when i check the row count of each web table in the page nothing is matching.

Can any one help me on this.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Not Able to identify object in webtable

Look at GetRowWithCellText method in QTP help file

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

To use the method Getrowwithcelltext as explained above , first i am not able to get the exact table where the webelements and edits boxes are existing

I found that the source index of the webelement and editbox have a difference of 10 i.e., if sourceindex of weblelement is 200 then the editbox sourceindex value is 210.

But i am unable to either retrive the source index nor pass the value in to edit box with sourceindex value.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Does both the webelement and webedit exist in the same table or different.Is the application developed on Ajax or .Net

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Try using WebTable(..).ChildItem method. Child item method returns the object from the specified cell.
    Once you find the webelement you needed, use the same row number to retrive the edit object from that row.
    Cheers,
    Diwakar