Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Reading openurl text from a browser

I am not having any fun trying to get QTP to get the property from my Browswer object's openurl property.
    I am fairly new to QTP so I am not wonderful at the syntax. Here is what I have:

sBrowserName=Browser("Browser").GetROProperty("Bro wser",[in,openurl])

It runs without error, but sBrowserName is always empty. I have tried this several different ways but never can get it to pull the url information I need. Once I get this information into my variable I want to read the 1st 32 characters and add more to it so that I can run a test on a secondary browser window and this was the only way I could think of to get QTP to look at the secondary browser window.

Anyone have any suggestions here? All assistance will be greatly appreciated. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

SQA Knight
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Reading openurl text from a browser

.GetROProperty("openurl")

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Reading openurl text from a browser

Never mind, I think I figured it out. I changed it to say:

sBrowserName=Browser("Browser").GetROProperty("ope nurl")

This worked. I am pretty sure in all my tries I tried it this way and the stupid thing wasn't giving me the URL like I wanted but I am grateful it worked this time. Hopefully this will be of some use to someone else at some point.