Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Different Results: QTP vs. QC

All,

I am beating my head off of the wall trying to figure this out...I have a script that I when run nativly in QTP returns no failures. When I run the EXACT same script through QC, I get failures (and we're talking about things that I know are NOT failures).

Any idea why I would be getting one result set running the same script both nativly in QTP and another when running through QC?

Thanks,
    Adam
    [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

SQA Knight
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Different Results: QTP vs. QC

QC does force some changes to the run settings such as switching the run mode from 'normal' to 'fast' and the error handling. Are the failures generally due to timing issues? If you just rerun the test in QTP after it was opened by QC, is it a problem?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

It does look that way. I had considered the 'speed' and built 500 millisecond pauses between steps that required a screen to reload.

It's doing things like this:

Where EXPECTED RESULT = 'Hello World'.

ACTUAL RESULT = ' '.

It would seem as though the tool isn't giving the page enough time to load, but considering the built in pause, I don't know if that is the case...

SQA Knight
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

You probably need to be using .exist statements or checking a ready state with GetROProperty in place of those pauses.