object index values keep changing in web frames

Hey all,

Sorry, this will be my first QTP post and I will confess to being new to QTP so if this is a newbie blunder then I will put on my suit and take it like an engineer.

But here is my problem. The browser, page, and frame are all adding _n at some time making object recognition fail. With the Browser and the page it isnít that bad as once I have a build it seems to be pretty consistent. But, the Frame is a different story; it frequently (but not consistently) changes the _n value each time I run the script or pull up a new browser instance (only one at a time)

I have gone into the Tools  Object Recognition menu and changed the Web Frame object to not index, that hasnít helped. I have changed it to index by location, that hasnít worked.

If I canít get this resolved I imagine I will have to go to low level testing but that seems to be admitting defeat.

Any suggestions?

Web app

Thanks in advance

Re: object index values keep changing in web frames

This is quiet a common issue.
    You can try adding all the objects in the object repository first and then write the steps on your own instead of recording.

Thanks Gurv,

I have been deleting and resetting the repository so I will give that a try and just write it out myself.

Advanced Member
    Chennai, Tamil nadu, India

i have never seen bugs sleeping