I’ve run into a problem using the TE add in where QTP stops recognizing my TE object as a TE object and only recognizes it as a windows object. The script will iterate between 50 and 75 cycles before it throws an error.

Cannot find the "field1602" object's parent "TeWindow" (class TeWindow). Verify that parent properties match an object currently displayed in your application.

Line (43): "TeWindow("TeWindow").TeScreen("screen13280").TeFi eld("field1602").Set "cp"".

Tip: If the objects in your application have changed, the Maintenance Run Mode can
help you identify and update your steps and/or the objects in your repository.

When I use the object spy tool the TE window shows up as a “Windows Object”. Additionally the first time I open QTP and try to run this script (or any TE script) QTP usually throws a similar error.

When I load QTP and it fails to recognize the TE object correctly, the only solution I’ve found is to reload QTP. However I get the following error when I close QTP after the script iterating 50 – 75 times:

TeRun.exe – Application Error
The instruction at “0x7c910ed2” referenced memory at “0x00ba0160”. The memory could not be “read”.

Clink on OK to terminate the program

I’m not sure if these errors are related.

I’m using QTP
Extra! Enterprise 7.0

As far as I can tell I have the TE add-in set up correctly. Could the reason QTP fails to recognize the TE objects correctly be related to the buffer overrun error?

I’ve resolved the buffer over run by adding an “ExitTest” when QTP isn’t able to recognize the TE object.

I’m still at a loss as to why QTP stops recognizing the TE object in the first place.