IE6 crashes - trying add Standard CP to WbfUltraGr
Testing a Web App in .Net
Using IE 6 SP3
Using QTP 9.2, .Net add-in 9.2
There is WbfUltraGrid used in app.
Spy detects it correctly.
When I try to add a Standard CP on this grid while Recording the IE i.e. my app too crashes giving message like "could not read some xxxxx memory"
Not able to add CP on this grid due to this.
Any suggestions pls...
Re: IE6 crashes - trying add Standard CP to WbfUltraGr
- Using DP would mean writing the whole Cp code on my own.
- In that case we are not using the capability of QTP that gives a nice UI based facility to add Standard CP Quickly
- With UI facility of QTP it is also very easy to parameterizing, rather than punching in some lines of code
- FYI - The CP I want is to check all the values in a particular column of the grid against the expected value
- I still went ahead to write DP and observed that the line reading the value from column is almost like taking 1-2 seconds
ValueFromColumn = Browser(desc_BrowserMain).Page(desc_PageMain).WbfU ltraGrid(desc_Grid).GetCellData(i,colum_name)
- Now, with even 20 records in the grid, that amounts to 20 seconds
- With 10 iterations on the grid that would amount to
20*2*10 = 200 seconds - this is too slow for an automation script!
- Back to point
Does this Standard CP really work on the WbfUltraGr?
- I referred all QTP 9.2 and .Net Add-in 9.2 Release Notes and as per that this should work!
So wondering if anyone has faced same problem and has worked it out without DP.