Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

IE RunAs Won\'t Detect Browser

I'm running QTP 9.1 with Web add-in and am trying to test the functionality of an internal site when logged in as different users.

My problem comes once the IE window is open, using the Object spy, clicking on any part of the browser only detects WinObject (regardless of web page). This only happens when I am doing RunAs. When I open IE under default user all Browser (WebTable, WebEdit etc) objects populate correctly. I tried using DP but only get errors. I have a feeling QTP just isn't detecting correctly, which becomes a problem when I can't interact with any html objects.

Is there any way I can force QTP to recognize the IE window as a browser under RunAs?

Note: Running IE 7

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: IE RunAs Won\'t Detect Browser

Please be descriptive with your queries. Also, a sample of your code with the error will help us a lot.

Check the below,

1. Have you disabled tabbed browsing on IE 7 ?

2. Are you opening QTP first & then the browser ??

3. What do you mean by "RunAs" ?? Where is this option & how are you using it ??
    Basanth
    Give a Fish to a Man and you feed him for a day.Teach a Man to fish and you feed him for Life

http://www.learnqtp.com/forums/

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: IE RunAs Won\'t Detect Browser

If you use RunAs then QTP and IE needs to run under same credential which means you need to run QTP also using RunAs