Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Parameterise the Cell data for a SWFTable Object

Hi

I am in need of help for parameterising the cell coordinates. Instead of the coordinated I would like to read by name in the cell.

In breif the actions on my application are 1. double click on a particular security(cell data) to open that security properties window.

I am looking to pass the name of the security from the external data file say excel sheet.

When I double click on the pointed security , it opens the below screen”Security properties”. Below is the code to open the “Security properties window”.

SwfWindow(”InvestmentManager – Automation”).SwfWindow(”Targeter – CDO Fund”).SwfTable(”preTradesGrid”).SelectCell 17,1

But during replay QTP is doing nothing other than just highlighting the cell without opening the security properties window.

But If I replaced the “SelectCell” with “Activatecell” method QTP is opening the Security properties window which is fine. But I want to open the “Security properties window” based on the names which will be read from external data file(say excel) in cells rather than the coordinates.

Ex: SwfWindow(”InvestmentManager – Automation”).SwfWindow(”Targeter – CDO Fund”).SwfTable(”preTradesGrid”).ActivateCell “Liability 20071215” where in the
    “Liability 20071215” needs to read from the external data file.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Parameterise the Cell data for a SWFTable Object

Hi Maruthi,

Please try this

Rows = SwfWindow(”InvestmentManager – Automation”).SwfWindow(”Targeter – CDO Fund”).SwfTable(”preTradesGrid”).RowCount

For i= 1 to Rows

RowVal = SwfWindow(”InvestmentManager – Automation”).SwfWindow(”Targeter – CDO Fund”).SwfTable(”preTradesGrid”).GetCellData(i,1)
    If RowVal = RequiredText Then

SwfWindow(”InvestmentManager – Automation”).SwfWindow(”Targeter – CDO Fund”).SwfTable(”preTradesGrid”).ActivateCell(i,1)

End If

'RequiredText this the value you enter from excelfile

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Hi Ujwal

Thank you for the supplied code. I tried your code but no luck which is a different issue. With regard to your query if we make the column constant in this case"1" , is it going to help me else I need to parametarise the column as well.

Also I am trying to use "datatable.value("name", "runsheet")" in place of "RequiredText" where "name" is the column name and "runsheet" is the name of the external data file.

Please leave your thoughts with the above two issue, that would be much appreciated.

As i am having difficulty with attachment please advise your mail id if thats ok with you for the RO and TO properties and methods.

Thanks again
    maruti

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Hi Ujwal
    Finally I managed to get the solution.

Below is the code and I also I acknowledge that your code is the origin for the solution.

Thanks a lot.
    Public Function GetCellIndexByText (obj, Text)

Redim Indexes(1)

RowCount = obj.Object.Rows

ColumnCount = obj.Object.Cols

For i = 0 to RowCount -1

For j = 0 to ColumnCount-1

Data=obj.GetCellData(i,j)

If Data = Text Then

Indexes(0) = i

Indexes(1) = j

GetCellIndexByText = Indexes

Exit Function

End if

Next

Next

Indexes(0) = -1

Indexes(1) = -1

GetCellIndexByText = Indexes

End Function

' Register the function for use with the SwfTable object

RegisterUserFunc "SwfTable", "GetCellIndexByText", "GetCellIndexByText"

cell = SwfWindow("InvestmentManager - Automation").SwfWindow("Targeter - CDO Fund").SwfTable("preTradesGrid").GetCellIndexByTex t("Liability 20071215")

If cell(0) <> -1 Then

SwfWindow("InvestmentManager - Automation").SwfWindow("Targeter - CDO Fund").SwfTable("preTradesGrid").ActivateCell cell(0),cell(1)

Else

msgbox "Cell not found"

End If