Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Check Point Question

I am testing a C++ windows app. At onepoint I am looping through a tree and opening a Properties dialog for each node. I then do a Check CheckPoint for the ID - which is displayed in the dialog. This seems to work OK, but I need to know the text value of the edit while the test is running. Apparently, <font class="small">Code:</font><hr /><pre>Window("WinName").Dialog("Doc Properties").WinEdit("ID").Check CheckPoint("ID")</pre><hr /> will return a True/False, but I want to get the actual text in the edit. Can this be done?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Check Point Question

Hi Diesel,

You would probably have the best luck with GetROProperty or an Output CheckPoint.

Output Checkpoint -
    While Recording:
    (1) Insert -&gt; Output Value -&gt;Standard Output Value
    (2) Click your "ID" field to identify it as object to get information from
    (3) Select an Ouput value from the Object properties, likely "Value", "Text", or something that has the text value.
    (4) Then within the Checkpoint, you can set the datatable parameter to store the value.

You can also try Insert -&gt;Output Value -&gt; Text Output Value as well.

Window("WinName").Dialog("Doc Properties").WinEdit("ID").Output CheckPoint("ID")

You can also try GetROProperty and store to the datatable, use in another step - or whatever you want. I usually use this as I don't always know how i want to use a value.

Text = Window("WinName").Dialog("Doc Properties").WinEdit("ID").GetROProperty("value")
    datatable("Text") = Text

Just my .02. Good luck!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Check Point Question

Text = Window("WinName").Dialog("Doc Properties").WinEdit("ID").GetROProperty("text")
    That is what I wanted - thanks