Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Having trouble finding a child window with DP

Hi, I'm having some trouble with the following line of code and was wondering if anyone could help me. AppName and ChildWindowName are replaced with the real window names in the actual code.

Window("regexpwndtitle:=AppName.*").Window("regexp wndclass:=ATL:03457EA8","text:=ChildWindowName").W inObject("regexpwndclass:=ATL:03459B38").Type micPgUp

I get a compile time error that says "Object doesn't support this property or method: 'Window(...).Window'". Is there a different way to access child windows in descriptive programming?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Having trouble finding a child window with DP

What is the hirachy you are getting when you add the same object to object repository? Are you getting the type (Intelli Sense) method when you work through OR?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Having trouble finding a child window with DP

Hi Ashok,
    I get the exact same hierarchy since I modified this line from a recorded script. Also, yes I do get the Type method when I use the original OR script