Tests failing in batch mode
My tests were working fine in batch mode till sometime back. Recently they just started failing when run in batch mode.
When I run the tests individually from QTP they work fine, but when I run the tests in a batch using my VBScript they fail.
The same set of tests fail everytime. It's a web-based application. I close and open the browser after each test. I also restart QTP after 15 tests. Previously, I was not releasing some objects that I had Set - I am now setting them to Nothing too. But I am not sure why the tests fail. The same set of tests fail everytime. Looks like the browser gets slow - some objects are not recognized...
Any pointers to resolve this issue will be really helpful. Since I can't think of anything at this point...
Re: Tests failing in batch mode
Try to monitor Memory Usage. It is overflow.
I had the same situation with 5 Test Cases, that do not work anymore from batch.
It happened recently, as you've described in your situation.
I think, it was MS Win or IE Updates, that were pushed to our machines. I have no control on this process - because it is done automatically from MS --> IT --> to all Machines in the company.
Until I'll find some solution,
we've redesigned our batch scenarios and put those TCs at the beginning of the batch cycle. Everything works now.