Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

DeleteParameter not working

Hi All,

I m trying to delete all the parameters in my datatable sheet at run time.
    im using the code

For param_count=1 to Datatable.GetSheet(1).GetParameterCount
    Datatable.GetSheet(1).DeleteParameter(param_count)
    Next

But QTP is deleting alternate parameters and throwing an error saying parameter number 30 does not exist(there are 57 parameters in that sheet).

Please help.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: DeleteParameter not working

That's because when you delete the first element, they all get shifted downwards to fill the spaces. Try looping BACKWARDS:

iMax = Datatable.GetSheet(1).GetParameterCount

For param_count = iMax to 1 step -1
    For an easy to use test automation framework, checkout my website:

http://www.atomqa.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: DeleteParameter not working

It worked..thanks a lot...

What im actually trying to do is..load data into a datatable sheet dynamically.....
    i have a kind of driver script which loads data into the sheet and then executes that action....
    but if i have loaded 3 rows of data for the first time and then ran that action...and then just one row of data for the second time...the below 2 rows are already populated with the data from the previous load.....
    so i was tring to delete the parameters before a fresh load...but now after doing that...im getting the below 2 rows as blank...
    is there any way i can delete rows within a datatable sheet completely..before i make a fresh load?..i dont want the rows to be blank