Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

QTP Cannot recognize Page

Hey folks! I have a Page that, after clicking the link to invoke the page manually, has the following Object Hierarchy in the QTP OR:

Browser("browserName")
    Window("windowName")
    Page("pageName")
    Page Objects listed below...

Now... when I have QTP clicking the link to open up the page, QTP recognizes it as a completely different object as shown below:

Browser("browserName")
    Dialog

and it doesn't recognize any of the objects on the page.\\

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to best handle this and be able to recognize the page as shown in the more defined hierarchy?

Any help is greatly appreciated and feel free to ask me questions if I haven;t provided enough information. Brian

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: QTP Cannot recognize Page

Identify Browser and page with a unique property such as title. turn off smart identification for all items in OR. and make sure the objects are identified with static properties like htmlid or name. I've never seen a "Window" property before in my applications, try dropping that from the hierarchy and check if it works.
    4. URL mode: N/A
    5. LR FP: N/A
    6. VuGen Recording: New Engine
    7. Web & Multimedia 1700 - Oracle E-Business 100
    8. support/maintenance contract active: yes
    9. Windows 2003 R2
    10. Did not file