A decent level of customer support is the first thing that is needed. License management is nothing short of a bloody nightmare I dread having to retire QTP boxes for new hardware. I have far better things to do with my time than deal with the wall HP has put around license management.
Tech support from HP is a joke the growth on this site was bloody amazing when HP got involved and stuffed the old Mercury support site.
I hope HP being here is a sign that there is change happening.
- Ability to modify tests at runtime.
- Add greater support for DOM operations (Xpath, CSS selectors)
- a more complete system to facilitate rapid entry of code in the Expert View and Function Libraries, akin to that found in more recent MS Products (from Excel's VBA to Visual Studio). It reduces typo-induced syntax errors to a bare minimum and speeds up code generation at least three-fold.
- Opening a new test automatically selects the DataTable for that test ... I have lost count of the number of times I have absent mindedly added data to the Global Table, instead of the Local Table.
- The ability to automatically rename controls in code when they have been renamed in the OR.
- A setting in options which allows all controls to be added to a shared repository without ever going near the local action repository.
... if any of those already exist, can someone tell me how to achieve them? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
I wish fiddling with the object repositories was a lot easier. It's a lot more complicated than it needs to be. I remember when I was first using QTP I ended up with my share of duplicate objects & grayed out menu options to get frustrated with it.
* Work more easily with the object repository from code
* Easy use of multiple object repositories within code
* Manage to learn buttons in OR of WinToolbars
* More consistency in OR: Why can I learn a WinRadioButton and on Web I have a WebRadioGroup and not WebRadioButton
* Find the dimensions and xpos and ypos of buttons on WinToolbar objects
* Fix issues on pure virtual function call errors
* preCompiled / preLoaded modules (so not on each test I have to reload and initialize the whole framework build from function libaries)
I feel HP should really concentrate on checkpoints.
It should have multiple object-multiple properties checkpoints like winrunner.
Also I feel it should have concepts of checklists,so that checkpoint can be modified at any time.
We do testing to test something,then why not to have robust and easy to maintin checkpoints?