Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Issues with modality

A recent issue has turned up that is causing no small amount of stress for me ...

The software in question is a huge old beast of a VB6 application, which has been a commercial product for the best part of a decade in its current form. A problem has begun to occur which makes using QTP rather more difficult than it needs to be and I wondered if anyone has any advice ...

The issue is this ... modality ... most specifically that whilst certain modal windows in our application are easily automated, others act as modal over QTP during the run-time of tests - e.g. they prevent any further steps of a test action from being executed until the dialog box is closed. At which point, the code continues to act as normal. More confusingly, these forms can be instanced and automated from elsewhere in the application.

We have run into a significant issue with a new version of the VSFlexGrid 7.1 (Unicode), from which we open subforms via double clicking on cells. The moment any dialog box opens from a grid, the modality problem occurs. Given that this particular grid is a complex report editor with over a hundred cells, each of which access one of a half dozen other forms, it is obviously becoming a major issue for us.

Please can someone give me a hint as to how to avoid this issue, as pulling my hair out is something I want to avoid ... [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Issues with modality

OK ... a more simple query ... has anyone run into any issues with an application causing QTP to stall in mid test?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Issues with modality

Many times...You are not alone