Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

WebRadioGroup individual elements in OR

How can I get the individual Radio buttons of a webpage in the object repository so that I can highlight them individually?

I am able to get a WebRadioGroup as one in the OR with
    HTML Tag: input
    name : meta

But not able with value #0 , #1, #2 to add all three radiobutton as separate items in my OR.

Within Code I can manage the individual elements but would prefer to have them in the OR mapped.
    <font class="small">Code:</font><hr /><pre> Browser("Google").Navigate "http://www.google.nl/"
    Browser("Google").Page("Google").WebRadioGroup("me ta").Select "#0"
    Browser("Google").Page("Google").WebRadioGroup("me ta").Select "#1"
    Browser("Google").Page("Google").WebRadioGroup("me ta").Select "#2"
    Browser("Google").Page("Google").WebEdit("q").Set "x" </pre><hr />

Reason: My enduser / less technical person has to be able to highlight elements by pressing the highlight button so he knows the OR is configured properly.

Advanced Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: WebRadioGroup individual elements in OR

I don't believe this capability is supported.

A WebRaidoGroup is exactly what it says it is, a single object that is *group* of related radio buttons.

What you're asking for is similar to asking to be able to add an object to the OR for each item in a WebList object.

I think this is just a training issue - teach the end user to highlight the group and that will have to suffice. If the right group of radio buttons highlights, then the OR is configured properly (with relation to that object).
    "The last 10% of any software project will take 90% of the budgeted time. The first 90% will take the other 90%"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

My team is migrating from WinRunner where each radiobutton is a separate item in a GUI MAP.

From Enduser perspective its "logical" to have radiobutton1, radiobutton2, radiobutton3 and give them logical names.

Besides that in WR our framework is based on having those objects all in the OR (GUIMAP) and migrating this is tricky when we are not able to have radiobuttons in the OR as separate items.

As I am able to handle this logic in QTP/VBS code I had the feeling it should be possible in the OR to based for example on the value property.

Even when I record the code steps above I get 3 items in the OR meta, meta_2 and meta_3 but only meta can highlight and the other 2 cannot.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

After playing a bit I came to the following workaround.
    Three radiobuttons all in the OR
    All with name:meta and html tag:INPUT
    Ordinal identifier different for each radiobutton
    Only 1 is highlighting from the OR itself with index 0
    The 2nd has index 1
    the 3rd has index 2

And based on the following code I can manipulate and build it in our framework.

<font class="small">Code:</font><hr /><pre>

Browser("Google").Navigate "http://www.google.nl/"

test("01.het internet")
    test("02.paginas in het Nederlands")
    test("03.paginas uit Nederland")

'Browser("Google").Page("Google").WebRadioGroup("m eta").Select "#0"
    'Browser("Google").Page("Google").WebRadioGroup("m eta").Select "#1"
    'Browser("Google").Page("Google").WebRadioGroup("m eta").Select "#2"

Sub test(strRadioName)
    x=Browser("Google").Page("Google").WebRadioGroup(s trRadioName).GetTOProperty("Index")
    Browser("Google").Page("Google").WebRadioGroup(str RadioName).select "#" &amp; x
    End Sub
    </pre><hr />