I have tried many options like using different property values for webelement, using fireEvent to click, using Description.create, using runtime properties with attribute/ tag etc. but nothing is helping. QTP says that the test is pass but it does not click to go to the next page.
Record this click and analyze how QTP sees this control.
It might be several issues:
1. You are ignoring native QTP understanding of control.
Example: it might be link, table, whatever... You are forcing tool to do something against its recognition of control.
2. If QTP can recognize this control as WebElement - but you are giving not enough of parameters for its recognition in run time.
3. If QTP doesn't recognize this control and doesn't see anything in it. In this case, tool generalizes this control as WebElement. This means: you need appropriate AddIn in order control recognition works properly.
QTP is recognizing it as a web element if I see it through object spy. and if I do normal recording instead of DP, it records it properly and run it without error but on the web page no click happens as it does not go to the next page.
I think we don't have sufficient details to find out what is wrong. Please, can you answer the following questions?
1. May I hit that page outside your company?
2. Can you provide HTML source code of that page?
3. What browser do you use?
4. What version of QTP do you use?