Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Object Identification & Different QTP Clients

Hi All,

I am facing this strange issue from almost 15 days now , tried all sort of solutions which i can do but it simply dosn't work. It goes like this , I have QTP , QC and QC database server on VMWARE and I have different QTP Clients like one on VMWARE , One is a Physical Machine and One is on a Citrix desktop . The licenses for all this QTP client is validated through the QTP functional server deployed on VMWARE machine and for QC through the QC server on the VMwARE machine. I am working on a browser based application which has been developed using the .net and Java techonology . All the add ins are properly installed on all the QTP client machines and also the integration of QC and QTP is done properly . I develop a script from the Citrix QTP client using the descriptive Programming which executes successfully on the citrix desktop and then when I try to execute the same script through QC on the VMWARE QTP Client , I face this object identification problem where all the Objects are are identified as winobjects (Spyed the objects) . Surprisingly when you develop the same script on the same VMWARE client and execute it locally then it executes perfectly (Here all the objects are identified properly through the spy ) . I am not able to get why is this weird behaviour.

The above mentioned setup is a part of Onsite / Offshore model where the offshore guys who login through the citrix are facing this issue.

My Question is.

1) Are there any special settings we are are required to do on all the QTP Client machines.

2) Does Access rights for the machines has something to do with this , well the script developers in this case have this read and right access for the VMWARE.

3) Does Object identification has soemthing to do when , the QTP client is changed from Citrix to VMWARE to physical machine ( Though all are on the same network ).

3)What could be the possible solution for this , if not what are the areas we should be concentrating on for the culprit.

Iam using QC and QTP 9.2.

Regards
    Suraj

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Object Identification & Different QTP Clients

Ok I will make it simple.

Can I execute a script on a (X) QTP client which has been developed on a (Y) QTP Client. Will I face any object identification issues on (X) machine where the (Y) QTP client has same setup as that of (X). Except that X is a Citrix desktop and Y is a VMWARE machine.

X = Citrix Desktop (QTP client installed on Citrix server and is available to all the Citrix Client Profiles)

Y = VMWARE machine (QTP installed on the VMWARE machine)

Thanks & Regards
    Suraj

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Object Identification & Different QTP Clients

Hi,
    I faced similar situation in my project also but when I looked into the java control panel settings, I found that the java runtime environment under advanced tab is different in different VMWare sessions. So what I suggest is to follow the steps below:

1) Open Java control panel
    2) Navigate to Advanced tab
    3) Under Java Runtime Environment change the settings from "Use Java Plug-in Default" to the desired location where your JRE is installed.

I hope this will solve your problem