Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

QTP stucked at a popup

Hi,
    Please help me with this situation:
    I am trying to work with Lotus Notes database by calling LotusScript COM object from QTP. It works. However, I got issue every time there's a popup. QTP calls a lotusscript code but get stuck on that line forever until the popup is dismissed. I think qtp is waiting for a return value from the window it just interacts with, but the popup cause the window not to release any handle back to qtp.

I used "Recovery Scenario Manager" to dismiss the dialog, but it does not work. I have to manually close the popup for qtp to go on.

Here's a little example:

Dim ws, dbServer, dbName, uidb, db
    dbServer = "My Server"
    dbName = "database.nsf"
    Set ws = CreateObject("Notes.NotesUIWorkspace")
    Call ws.OpenDatabase (dbServer, dbName) ' This is the line where it stuck if there's a popup in Lotus Notes
    Set uidb = ws.CurrentDatabase

The "OpenDatabase" statement above is stuck when there's a "Create Cross Certificate" dialog popup

Thanks in advance for your help

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: QTP stucked at a popup

Since the COM service is initiating a blocking call there is nothing that you can do. Recovery scenario will also not work in your case. You need to use a external tool to avoid your window.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: QTP stucked at a popup

Thanks Tarun
    I have to find other way then.