Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

QTP 9.5 not recognizing objects in Oracle app

I am trying to use QTP 9.5 to automate with an Oracle app that I believe is a 10g JSP form (any way to confirm this by looking at the app?).

When I attempt to add objects to the repository from the app, everything comes in as a generic "WinObject : Internet Explorer_Server" with no unique properties. When I try the "highlight this object in app" button, the entire form is highlighted.

I have the add ins for Oracle and Java enabled, among others. Using the IE dev toolbar I have identified one of the objects from my app, and the properties are included here for reference:

[ QUOTE ]

background-image (css): url(/OA_HTML/cabo/images/swan/btn-bg1.gif)
    class: x7g
    id: HzPuiCreate
    onlick: submitForm('DefaultFormName',0,{'_FORM_SUBMIT_BUTT ON':'HzPuiCreateGZCPML2Y'});return false
    style: BACKGROUND-IMAGE: url(/OA_HTML/cabo/images/swan/btn-bg1.gif)
    title: Create
    type: submit

[/ QUOTE ]

All of the objects seem to have a unique "id" property, I need to be able to key off of that if I'm going to be successful!

I have spent ~6 hours researching this issue and have not been able to find a resolution, please help!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: QTP 9.5 not recognizing objects in Oracle app

I have since learned that the GUI I am dealing with is Oracle r12.

Does anyone have experience using QTP with Oracle r12?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Hi,

Could you please try to recognize after uninstalling the Java Addins? Sometimes, Java Add ins cause this issue.
    Please let me know.

Thanks
    Prabu Sundararaj.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Thank you for your reply Prabu!

My trial license has expired and I'm experiencing delays with my official license so I can't try uninstalling the Java add-in yet. When I do I'll post here how it goes.