Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Unable to identify the object

Hi

In my application, after recording, when i run the script the object is not identified. It shows the error as the object is not unique. Even, the smart identification is 'on'.
    We tried to identify the object using index. Object is identified, when highlight from object repository. But while running again facing the same error.

Aplicaiton is web based developed using J2ee,AJAX,XML.

We are not using any addin, only default web addin.

We are using QTP version 9.2

Please suggest me,
    should we want to use any addin to identify the objects ?... or should we want to upgrade the version to 9.5?

Please help me on this..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Unable to identify the object

If the object is changing dynamically use regular expressions to identify the object. Is the index value changing at run time? or what is the problem exactly?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Which kind of object is it? how does QTP identifies it? QebElement? WebList??
    I dont think its a question of upgrading to version 9.5...
    Anyway, i always use Web, .NET and Active X add.ins at least when im working with web applications...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

We cant use regular expression, because there is no unique property. All the objects in the page has same property. Only differs in "innertext" property. If we use regular expression for that then we will get error as "Object is not unique". So we went for ordinal identifier "index"

Index value is not changing at run-time.

Dynamically, also all the property is same there is no difference.

The problem, when QTP is not running, Highlighted the object, using 'Highlight in Application' it is highlighted. But while running QTP it is not identifying.. this happens only some time... not all the time say 5 of 10....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

It is an image ,

Browser("A").Page("C").Image("D").FireEvent "onmouseover"
    Browser("A").Page("C").Image("D").Click

Actually i checked the result, it shows only warning message, eventhough the script is stopped.