| || |
Upgradation of scripts from QTP 6.5 to QTP 9.5
We are going to upgrade Scripts from QTP 6.5 SAP addin to QTP 9.5 with SAP add-in. They are using Business Process testing(BPT) in the QTP 6.5 currently.
I want clarification for the following issues:
1. What is the process to upgrade the scripts from QTP 6.5 sapaddin to QTP 9.5 sap inn.
2. What will be impacts. Since QTP 6.5 addin is a very old version. will there be more changes to existing scripts.
3. should we record the scripts from scratch or will the existing scripts will be automatically upgrade when we run in QTP9.5 sap addin version.
4. Can we use the input data as such. Since the application or its version didn't change.
Re: Upgradation of scripts from QTP 6.5 to QTP 9.5
1. Process is very simple:
a. Open TC
b. You would be asked if you want to convert it. Say: yes.
c. Close TC.
After that, repository would be rewritten automatically into new format. Nothing would be changed in the TC code itself. Just repository and AddIns association.
2. After 6.5 QTP doesn't support Multimedia AddIn any longer. Supporting new AddIns would be managed by QTP.
If in original TC - Multimedia AddIn is checked as loaded, QTP will not be able to deal with it. Even if application doesn't use Multimedia components and TC doesn't test it at all. To avoid it - uncheck this AddIn in original TC before conversion, run TC once to initialize new loaded AddIns set.
2a. In some TC I've got corrupted Repository without understanding reasonable causing of that. Let's say: in percentage 1:10. In such a situations, I've recorded from scratch under new version of QTP application objects involved into TC. Not complete TC - just rough objects, by clicking on each, following original naming convention. Then, I've deleted it in TC and copied original TC flow from old TC to new TC. It worked.
3. The only problems I've got - described above. About 500 TCs were happily converted without Errors and were runnable after conversion.
4. Input data and internal Framework logic were OK.
Please, make a BackUp before starting conversion. There is no backward possibility of converted TCs.